Re: incosistency between part 1 & 2 specs

Shivaram,

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 11:06:03AM -0800, Shivaram Mysore wrote:

> After some investigation and also looking at existing implementations
> [1], I believe we should leave this "asis" in the current spec w.r.t.
> wording - 1.1 - REQUIRED and 1.2 RECOMMENDED.
>
> The quality and usability of current implementations has lead me to
> this.  I believe this issue should be closed.
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/2/03/soap1.2implementation.html

I talked with Yves Lafon and he acknowledged that that page is
misleading. It is the interoperability matrix that was built during
the Soap 1.2 CR period. It has not been updated since April 2003 and is
out of date. The WG is not tracking current implementations.

However, Yves did advise that we should make Soap 1.2 REQUIRED because
Soap 1.2 is already a recommendation and that the XMLP WG will insist
that this change be done.

-jose