Re: Hierarchy etc.

On Tuesday 05 March 2002 12:21, Stephen Farrell wrote:
> Without hardly any schmea expertise at all to back me up, I
> strongly prefer the former (flat).
>
> Question: is there any implementation benefit to using
> abstract types? If not, I think they're just not worth
> it.

From a conceptual point of view, it helps present how the two structures
are related, and how they differ, we've done a similar thing in XML
Encryption with the EncryptedType which EncryptedData and EncryptedKey
derive from. Not a biggie regardless though.

Of course, I'd like there to be one request and it should be the nature of
the query that determines what it gets back.