Re: Revised schemas for discussion

Thanks for those Phill.

Can I ask folks who're making comments to make sure its clear which
version they're commenting? (I get confused easily:-) It might be as
well to mainly comment on the W3C note version just for now (taking
into account the changes Phill's proposed), since that's what's more
widely available, but as long as we're clear which version is being
discussed that's ok.

Stephen.

"Hallam-Baker, Phillip" wrote:

> All,
>
>         Attached are some initial drafts of revised XKMS and XBULK schemas.
>
>         The principle changes at this stage are to bring the schema coding
> convention unp to date, taking account of the finalized XML Schema draft and
> changes to XML Signature.
>
>         Since XML schema allows for a great deal of flexibility, I have
> adopted the same approach taken in SAML and applied a set of compact coding
> rules that were drawn up with the assistance of Eve Maller. These are
> designed to avoid the weaker areas of the existing XML schema
> implementations.
>
>         The only semantic change I have made is to break out the Register
> commands into four separate operations. I have deliberately avoided semantic
> changes, even where the need is generally agreed. I would prefer to get as
> much consensu on the non-controvertial areas first.
>
>         One other change that needs to be made is to reorganize the schema
> so that it follows the flow of the XKMS draft as closely as possible.
>
>                 Phill
>
> Phillip Hallam-Baker FBCS C.Eng.
> Principal Scientist
> VeriSign Inc.
> pbaker@verisign.com
> 781 245 6996 x227
>
>   ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>                     Name: xkms-2-0c.xsd
>    xkms-2-0c.xsd    Type: Iexplore File (text/xml)
>                 Encoding: quoted-printable
>
>                      Name: xbulk-11-5.xsd
>    xbulk-11-5.xsd    Type: Iexplore File (text/xml)
>                  Encoding: quoted-printable
>
>                               Name: xmldsig-core-schema.xsd
>    xmldsig-core-schema.xsd    Type: Iexplore File (text/xml)
>                           Encoding: quoted-printable

Stephen Farrell
Baltimore Technologies,   tel: (direct line) +353 1 881 6716
39 Parkgate Street,                     fax: +353 1 881 7000
Dublin 8.                mailto:stephen.farrell@baltimore.ie
Ireland                             http://www.baltimore.com