From: Joseph Reagle [mailto:reagle@w3.org]
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2002 7:19 PM
To: David Turner; www-xenc-xmlp-tf@w3.org
Subject: Re: SOAP headers for xmldsig and xenc

On Thursday 04 April 2002 19:04, David Turner wrote:
> I am concerned by your earlier statement:

David I appreciate your statement and I'll try to re-express myself in
light of its consideration.

This mailing list was created as a forum for demonstrating completeness
towards the use of XML Encryption and XML Protocol together,
particularly
with respect to scenarios and questions of instance validity, see
Charter
[1]. If you're willing to continue to work under the intellectual rights

policies of the XENC or XMLP charter, I'm willing to provide a namespace

towards addressing scenarios of using XML Encryption with its Decryption

Transform for XML Signature in the SOAP context.

> Regardless of what IP policy is chosen for the proposed WG, any
> technical discussions that take place now, create IP risks for the
> members and for any related specs produced by the W3C.

If any participant feels that such participation puts them at risk, then

they should not participate. It was my hope that things were quiet
because
of a lack of namespace, someone to herd things together, or because the
scenarios was only an optional deliverable. If, instead, people consider
it
out of scope, or consider it a risk, then I suppose this list will stay
quiet.

[1] http://www.w3.org/Encryption/2001/10/xmlenc-charter.html

7. Optionally, develop a document of scenarios and recommendations
regarding the affects and requirements of XML Encryption processing on
XML
parsing and validation. This must be a separate document.

Demonstration Applications
It is hoped that the following applications being developed by members
of
the WG will provide a useful test of the completeness:
  1. XML Protocol