Re: Proposed issue; Visibility of Web services

Anne,

On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 08:28:36AM -0400, Anne Thomas Manes wrote:
> Mark,
>
> I don't think we ever came to this agreement.

Well, Mike appeared to agree, despite having a misconception about
intermediaries;

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws/2003May/0017.html

But if I misunderstood his reaction, that's ok.  My point remains.

> (We did agree that hardcoded intermediary are
> pretty pointless.)

Only in the case of Web services.

Hardcoded intermediaries are valuable, so long as they're hardcoded to a
generic application; the more generic the application, the more valuable
the intermediary.  Since Web services interfaces are specific to the
service, rather than generic like on the Web, I can completely
understand why you believe that hardcoded intermediaries are pointless.
But that doesn't mean that all of them are.

Thanks.

MB
  Actively seeking contract work or employment