Re: BravoAir/CongoBuy grounding question

Daniel Elenius wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I just spotted a thing that's done differently in these two files, and I
> want to know which one is the recommended style.
>
> In CongoGrounding.daml, all URIs to entities defined in the WSDL file
> are referenced by plain URI, for example:
>
> <grounding:wsdlOperation>
>    &congo_wsdl_grounding;#CongoBuy
> </grounding:wsdlOperation>
>
> But in BravoAir, it's done like this:
>
> <grounding:wsdlOperation>
>   <xsd:uriReference
> rdf:value="&BravoAirGroundingWSDL;#GetDesiredFlightDetails..."/>
> </grounding:wsdlOperation>
>
> The latter one has the advantage that DAMLvalidator doesn't complain...
>
> So, which style should I use?

Thanks for pointing this out.  The use of <xsd:uriReference = ....> is
recommended.

Note, however, that in our upcoming release, this will change to
xsd:anyURI,
in accord with the more recent release of XML Schema.

> I also have another question. I note that in both these examples, each
> atomic process gets its own Port type in the wsdl grounding. Is this a
> requirement (for some reason) or can I have just one port for the whole
> service (say, a "Printer" service with different methods) and operations
> within that port for the different methods (like, "print document",
> "print test sheet", "set configuration")?

Sure, you can do it that way; no problem.

Regards,
David Martin