Re: conditional inputs

The specification of whether an input is mandatory or optional is done using
cardinality restrictions, as provided by DAML+OIL (and also by OWL).
Specifying an exact cardinality of 1 (or some bigger number, for that matter)
indicates that it's mandatory.  In this code sample from CongoProcess.daml,
the bookName input of the LocateBook process is specified in this way:

<daml:Class rdf:ID="LocateBook">
  <rdfs:subClassOf rdf:resource="&process;#AtomicProcess"/>
  <rdfs:subClassOf>
    <daml:Restriction daml:cardinality="1">
      <daml:onProperty rdf:resource="#bookName"/>
    </daml:Restriction>
  </rdfs:subClassOf>
</daml:Class>

If there's no cardinality stated for an input property, it is optional.

Regards,
David Martin