Re: WSDL 2.0 Component Model Interchange Format - HTTP Error Code Format

Jonathan Marsh wrote:

> Style uri appears missing from
> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/test-suite/results/Canon/GreatH-3G/primer-hotelReservationService-results.xml
> <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/ws/desc/test-suite/results/Canon/GreatH-3G/primer-hotelReservationService-results.xml>

I finally caught the bug. I misread the interchange schema and was
generating a sequence of style elements, while I should have generated a
single style element with a sequence of uri elements in it.
Interestingly, it seems the canonicalization stylesheet is removing the
style element text node that was present in the non-canonical
interchange dump.
Please find in attachment some new results with safety and style bugs
hopefully fixed. I also added the subFaultCodes element even if no sub
code is given.

> As I read the spec the (for instance) {soap version} property is
> required. Since the SOAP binding itself is clearly optional, the
> cmsoap:soapVersion element needs ultimately to be optional. It MUST be
> present when wsdl:binding type=”http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/wsdl/soap”
> is present.

Yes, that is how I interpret it. The wrapper element would mimic nicely
this behaviour.
There might be a similar issue with the required http properties brought
by the soap binding.
The cookies property for instance is required if the http binding is
engaged.
Its requiredness in the case of a soap over http binding is not clear to
me when reading the specification (beginning of section 5).

> I suppose a wrapper element might help a little, but all it does is
> make a component model error surface as a validation error. But it’s
> still an error!

Agreed.
I thought the confusion was due to the interchange format itself which
except from its schema has no real documentation.
That is why the more knowledge we put in the schema, the less confusion
we will have at the interchange level.
The specification itself is clear to me with that respect but I may be
biaised and if there is a way to improve it further, I am all for it.

Youenn