From: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org on behalf of Jonathan Marsh
Sent: Thu 25-May-06 3:22
To: www-ws-desc@w3.org
Subject: interchange issue: empty properties vs. absent properties

The spec equates an empty property and an absent property.  I'm finding a few places in the interchange format where Woden generates an empty property, e.g. <elementDeclarations/>, while I simply omit this element.

Seems like the simplest solution would be to canonicalize such that empty properties (which may be all empty elements with no attributes) away - i.e. delete them during canonicalization.  Does that sound reasonable?

 [  Jonathan Marsh  ][  jmarsh@microsoft.com <mailto:jmarsh@microsoft.com>   ][  http://spaces.msn.com/auburnmarshes <http://spaces.msn.com/auburnmarshes>   ]