Re: Clarification needed on HTTP Transfer Coding

John, yes, that still needs clarification.

My take would be like this:

 1) BindingOperation {http transfer coding default} need not be copied
from Binding {http transfer coding default}, the defaulting rules for
{http transfer coding} should reach there themselves; however if both
defaults are present, the operation default applies to components within
this operation.
 2) BindingOperation {http transfer coding default} should not apply to
BindingFaultReference components (as per my previous email), and neither
should it apply to BindingFault components (because they are not in
scope).
 3) Binding {http transfer coding default} does not apply to Interface*
components, it should apply to BindingFault and BindingMessageReference
components.

If any of that disagrees with the current spec, I think the spec should
be fixed. 8-)

On Fri, 2006-06-09 at 01:22 +0100, John Kaputin (gmail) wrote:
> It's clear that BindingMessageReference {http transfer coding}
> defaults to BindingOperation {http transfer coding default} as stated.

BindingMessageReference {http transfer coding} should default to
BindingOperation {http transfer coding default} or, if that is not
present, to Binding {http transfer coding default}.

> But does BindingFault {http transfer coding} also default to
> BindingOperation {http transfer coding default} as stated in this
> section and if so, to which operation?  I am wondering if BindingFault
> should default to Binding {http transfer coding default} instead.

BindingFault {http transfer coding} only defaults to Binding {http
transfer coding default}.

> Is there any intended relationship between Binding {http transfer
> coding default} and BindingOperation {http transfer coding default}?

I'd say no such relationship is necessary, apart from that hidden in how
BindingMessageReference {http transfer coding} property is defaulted.

Hope it's not too controversial (or confusing),

Jacek