Re: Parts 1 and 2 Treat Defaults Inconsistently with Eachother

Jacek,

Thx for reminding me about the interface-less binding requirement. I can
see that the situations and not completely analogous.

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@fido.ca

Jacek Kopecky <jacek.kopecky@deri.org>
Sent by: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org
05/31/2006 11:12 AM

Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
cc
www-ws-desc@w3.org
Subject
Re: Parts 1 and 2 Treat Defaults Inconsistently with Eachother

Hi Arthur,

just to recap, initially no defaults were in the component model, they
were only in the syntax. This proved to be a bug for the binding
defaults as the defaults may be applied to operations that don't have
explicit binding operation components (e.g. in interfaceless bindings
that are bound to an interface - and a set of operations - indirectly
through a service and endpoint).

In the interface, this is not a problem.

And I would have no problem with using the style default as a shortcut
in serialization - the serializer of a component model could decide to
specify the default to be the most used style, so that it would shorten
the resulting form.

However, I can see how adding {style default} to the component model can
help the readers and be more consistent on some level, so I support the
proposal.

Best regards,

Jacek