RE: LC124 Text

I can live with the revised wording suggestion.

I still prefer setting the flag in the types section.

I have some reservations about applying it at the endpoint and not the
schema.  I agree that the behaviour is probably implemented by a
toolkit.  Imagine I define an interface foo, like the atom protocol.
Now isn't the treatment of extensions, either ignoring or not, something
that is separate from the actual endpoint address?

Let's say I do it at the types level.  Then I know that client and
service endpoints both have to support the property or not.  If the
interface requires it via the types and the toolkit doesn't support it,
then I realistically shouldn't deploy it.

Further, if I have a toolkit that doesn't support it, I may have *a lot*
of these ignoreUnknown="false" attributes.

Now there is also a scenario where 1 schema type is used in 2 different
interfaces with each interface implemented using separate toolkits, one
which supports ignoreUnknowns and one that doesn't.  In this case, I'd
suggest that there is a workaround with using 2 wsdls.

Cheers,
Dave

On
> Behalf Of Jonathan Marsh
> Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 12:27 PM
> To: www-ws-desc@w3.org
> Subject: RE: LC124 Text
>

> Here's another attempt at a concrete proposal, in two parts.  First, I
> attempt to remove the word "processor" from David's proposal, and I
zero
> in on one particular syntax based on David's enumeration of
possibilities
> at [1]
>
> 		The "ignoreUnknown" property set to "true" denotes that
the
> service accepts without faulting additional _unexpected items_ in
messages
> sent to that service.  _Unexpected items_ are attributes and elements
not
> defined by the schema for a particular element in the input message.
> _Unexpected items_ may appear in any namespace including the
> targetNamespace of a known schema, as well as in a namespace for which
no
> schema is currently known.  _Unexpected items_ includes the
descendents of
> the item, such any child elements, attributes and content.
>

> 		Note: one mechanism for accomplishing this is to
validate a