RE: Action 2005-01-13 Resolution of Issue 270

Your message really confused me. My original comment raised
three issues -- what is the status of the other two?
The other two comments are more serious, since they call into
question the entire concept.

In any case, I think you've not really addressed the problem
that implementers might assume that content-type strings were
actually normalized (i.e., such that two equivalent strings
were equal strings), and that, no matter what the origin of the
phrase "[normalized value]", you should clarify that content-type
strings are not expected to actually be normalized (even to the
point of all being lower case).

Larry

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-media-types/2004Nov/0006.html