RE: Proposal for Simplifications to the Component Model

Arthur,

I have a few questions of clarification here,

> We should eliminate the concept of component equivalence
> and use infoset equivalence instead

(a) What is information set equivalence?

(b) "An XML document has an information set" [1], what is information set
equivalence if multiple documents are involved? (via wsdl:import and
wsdl:include)

(c) An instance of the WSDL component model may be constructed by an API,
User Interface, or by mapping from a collection of information sets (via
mapping spelled out in WSDL 20 spec). If an instance of the WSDL component
model is constructed by means other than mapping from a collection of
information sets, there aren't any real information sets, that is, there
aren't any real XML documents. In such cases, what is information set
equivalence?

(d) In many instances, in Part 1, mapping brings in default values -
example, [2] "{style}= The set containing the URIs in the actual value of
the style attribute information item if present, otherwise the set
containing the URIs in the actual value of the styleDefault attribute
information item of the [parent] interface element information item if
present, otherwise empty." How does information set equivalence take these
default values (and other such constructs) into account?

I looked through this thread and did not find answers for these questions.

[1]  <http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xml-infoset-20040204/#intro>
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xml-infoset-20040204/#intro
[2]
<http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-wsdl20-20040803/#InterfaceOperation_Mapping>