Re: Issue 169: Propose http method in the operation interface to simplify http binding.

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 12:40:48 -0700
David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com> wrote:
> The changes to WSDL are:
> 1. WSDL interface operations contain optional webMethod attribute.
> This is an HTTP operation name.

Strongly -1.  We have worked hard to separate keep the abstract interface
abstract.  HTTP methods are binding-specific, not interface-level
abstractions.

> 2. WSDL bindings use any existing interface operation webMethod
> attribute as the default.

Okay, if it's per-binding.

> 3. WSDL binding contains an optional location that is the default for
> any operations in the binding.  To use the x-www-form-urlencoded, the
> schema used in the location should be available in all operations inputs
> that are defaulted in the binding.

Again, okay, if it's per-binding.

By "per-binding," I mean that each binding specifies this; it isn't in the
WSDL namespace.  This is because HTTP semantics are not necessarily
mappable to the semantics of other protocol bindings.

Senior Architect
TIBCO/Extensibility, Inc.
alewis@tibco.com