	From: Prasad Yendluri [mailto:pyendluri@webmethods.com]
	Sent: Friday, June 04, 2004 7:45 PM
	To: Ugo Corda
	Cc: Marc Hadley; Jonathan Marsh; www-ws-desc@w3.org;
xml-dist-app@w3.org
	Subject: Re: Describing which blobs are to be optimized.

	Hi Ugo,

	Ugo Corda wrote:

		Prasad,
		You are assuming that the WSDL was defined by the server
provider.

	No, I was not assuming that. Even if the service (and hence the
WSDL) was defined to meet the requirements of a client,
	the WSDL still represents a contract from the service
perspective. If it was defined to meet the client requirement, we have
	the best case scenario; the client and server have the same
understanding (for a change ;)

		That
		should not necessarily be the case. The typical use case
is the one
		where the user of the service dictates the WSDL details
to the server
		provider (e.g. Walmart asking one of its partner to
provide a service
		that satisfies a WSDL interface as specified by
Walmart). In that case,
		the optimization requirements come from the user, not
the provider.

		Ugo