Re: Expressing MTOM/XOP using feature syntax

Hi Glen,

>HTTP Transmission Optimization Feature described in [1] is utilized:
>
><feature uri="http://www.w3.org/2003/06/soap/features/http-optimization"
>         required="true"/>

>If your underlying protocol binding
>did not support this feature, you'd get a fault.  Otherwise, you'd get
>MTOM/XOP serialized messages.

The HTTP Transmission Optimization Feature [1] fixes the transport to HTTP in
addition to XOP serialization.

The text above seems to imply the this can be used with "other" protocol bindings for SOAP as well.
Are we adding in that flexibility at the WSDL 2.0 level?

[1]
http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/3/06/Attachments/OptimizationMechanism.html#HTTP-implementation

Regards, Prasad