Re: pls review text added for what "required" means

At 10:06 AM 7/29/2004 -0400, Amelia A Lewis wrote:
>Ugh, when did we get this awful "requester agent" and "provider agent"
>language?  I see it's already in the spec.  bleah.

It is the terminology defined in the Web Services Architecture[1] and
Glossary[2] documents.

>The node interacting with a service is not always a 'requester'. . . .

True, but this is explicitly clarified in the Web Services Architecture[1]
document:
[[
In most cases, the requester agent is the one to initiate this message
exchange, though not always. Nonetheless, for consistency we still use the
term "requester agent" for the agent that interacts with the provider
agent, even in cases when the provider agent actually initiates the exchange.
]]

The Web Services Architecture WG spent a lot of time deciding what terms to
use, and considered a lot of suggestions.  In the end we needed to pick
something, and these were the terms with the most support.   (A number of
people were resistant to using the term "client" for example.)

1. http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/NOTE-ws-arch-20040211/
2. http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/NOTE-ws-gloss-20040211/

--
David Booth