From: Prasad Yendluri [mailto:pyendluri@webmethods.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 3:34 PM
To: David Orchard
Cc: www-ws-desc@w3.org; Sanjiva Weerawarana; paul.downey@bt.com
Subject: Re: Revised Asynch Binding

Hi Dave,

David Orchard wrote:

Prasad,

I never said that the reply address had to be fixed.  I fully expect it to be dynamic.

I based my comment on the following in your proposal ( http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0287.html):

The endpoint has an additional optional asynch address attribute.  This attribute specifies a location of the 2nd message if the interface operation is bound to 2 protocol messages.

<service name="xs:NCName" interface="xs:QName"

    <endpoint name="xs:NCName" binding="xs:QName" location="xs:anyURI" asynchLocation="xs:anyURI"?>

    </endpoint>*

  </service>*
If that was not the intent we are in agreement.

And you don't answer the same question I asked of Sanjiva: How are the soap binding components set in the callback mep?  You don't answer how soap action is set on the 2nd soap req/resp mep for example.  This ought to be done in the binding.

By callback MEP I take you mean output of an operation (?) with async binding. I agree things like soap action need to be accommodated. This should perhaps be dynamic and handled at the EPR Spec (WS-Addressing) level as well, like <wsa:Action> under <wsa:ReplyTo>?
Supplied with the reply only if present?

Regards, Prasad

Cheers,
Dave