RE: is the uniqueness constraint on top level components sufficient?

Then whose problem are you trying to solve?

> > I don't understand what it is you want to change.
>
> The wording in the spec does not guarantee that there MUST
> only be exactly one Interface component with a given QName.

Yes it does.

> Maybe I'm just being retarted and not seeing that there's no
> problem, but what I had in mind was to add a statement like
> the following somewhere:
>
>     "The QName identifying any top level Interface, Binding or
>      Service component MUST be unique from amongst all similar
>      components. That is, two different top level components of
>      the same kind MUST NOT share the same QName. However, two
>      components of different kinds MAY have the same QName."

I do not see a substantive difference between the text you have above
and the separate statements about interface, binding and service:

	For each interface component in the {interfaces} property of
	a definitions container the combination of {name} and {target
	namespace} properties must be unique.

	For each binding component in the {bindings} property of a
	definitions container the combination of {name} and {target
	namespace} properties must be unique.

	For each service component in the {services} property of
	a definitions container the combination of {name} and {target
	namespace} properties must be unique.

Gudge