RE: message reference component & syntax

Hmmm, last week we discussed this issue but didn't resolve it one way or
the other.  It's recorded as issue #87.  I think such an editorial
change is premature until the WG decides on a resolution to that issue.
Perhaps you could formulate your changes as a proposal?

On

operation/(input|output)/@messageReference