RE: PROPOSAL: Drop interface/operation/(input|output)/@headers

Sanjiva, wrote:
> Note that I'm not proposing to drop the soap:header binding element-
> I think its fine if someone wants to define specific SOAP headers
> to be sent (or received). I'm arguing to remove the header concept
> from the abstract description of the service.

For some reason I missed this point.

Humm.  This makes me think that it might not be such a bad idea to remove
the header concept from the interface, and only support it at the binding
level.  That way binding's can specify different stuff depending on
transport.  For instance SOAP can specify the WS-Security headers, and
"Tom's super secure transport" can specify an X509 client certificate
header.

Now I am going to have to re-read the whole thread again with a different
mindset. :-)

--
Tom Jordahl
Macromedia Server Development