RE: PROPOSAL: Drop interface/operation/(input|output)/@headers

I've formed the view that the body is for the application, headers are for intermediaries - but i have to admit that it's a 'lowest common denominator' decision i've hit on following practical difficulties exchanging headers with some of the current toolkits ..

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: Jean-Jacques Moreau [mailto:jean-jacques.moreau@crf.canon.fr]
Sent: 29 October 2003 13:31
To: Sanjiva Weerawarana
Cc: 'Umit Yalcinalp'; www-ws-desc@w3.org; FABLET Youenn
Subject: Re: PROPOSAL: Drop interface/operation/(input|output)/@headers

Let's try the following analogy: would you always put all of your
program into a single main() function? Probably not. I contend the same
is true for the body.

My concern is that we broke (part of) our model when we removed message
parts (sic). At the abstract/interface layer, as you suggest, I should
indeed be able to describe my application data as a single, large
complex type. However, I am currently unable to say, later in the
binding, that part of this complex type is serialized as a header and
the rest as the body.

Instead, currently, I have to model my application data as two,
independent complex types, and refer to the first for the header and to
the second for the body. However, this seems to break the layering you
are suggesting.

Am I missing something obvious?

JJ.