RE: PROPOSAL: Drop interface/operation/(input|output)/@headers

It is very important that we do not confuse programming model with a
description of message-level interoperability.

If you need a hint about how to surface something in the programming
model, you should consider defining that as something that may be
ignored by endpoints that have their own, potentially-very different
idea of programming model.

--Jeff

On
> Behalf Of paul.downey@bt.com
> Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2003 2:26 AM
> To: gdaniels@sonicsoftware.com; Roberto.Chinnici@Sun.COM;
> sanjiva@watson.ibm.com
> Cc: www-ws-desc@w3.org
> Subject: RE: PROPOSAL: Drop
interface/operation/(input|output)/@headers

> Glen wote:
> > Correct.  Essentially, the only kinds of headers that are worth
> specifying
> with the mechanism that exists today are the "cookie-esque" ones -
i.e.
> "please send me the value 'xq57jb' back in the header
'myns:SeekritCode'.
> Oh, and send it on every single message, too."  Anything with more
complex
> semantics than that can't really be accommodated with the current
syntax.
> So I think it's a pretty simple matter to define a "sideband data"
SOAP