RE: RPC Style Issues (3)

Sanjiva wrote:
> . There are other language supporting features one could add to WSDL
> - where do we draw the line?

Well, I guess I would draw the line right at the point where we support the C/C++/C#/Java languages nicely.  This is certainly my own bias talking, but this would certainly capture the 80/20 cases.

And yes, I would complain if my WSDL processor didn't pay attention to the return value attribute.  But I would be using a language (Java) that it makes sense for the processor to support it.

I don't see this as an absolute requirement as Umit does, but I like the idea that the next time (!!) I am writing a WSDL2Java, I wont have to work as hard to create operation methods the same as GLUE or WASP or wsdl.exe, as the 'how should I do this [right]?' question in this case has been answered for me.

--
Tom Jordahl
Macromedia Server Development