Re: Proposal: Uniqueness on the Wire Requirement for WSDL 2.0

Amelia A. Lewis wrote:

>I believe that Jeffrey has stated this very well.  WSDL certainly does
>*not* need constraints on how a service may be defined, and as he has
>here clearly stated, the lack of a single defined means for recognizing
>an operation from its wire format is a problem for *service*, not
>*client* (fsvo "client") code.  While it may be correct to demand that
>WSDL insure that generated clients be able to determine a signature
>unambiguously, I agree that it is incorrect to require all services to
>be generated so straitly.

I am baffled as to why you think it is not a problem for the client.
Lets take on of these examples, shall we? If my service requires a
specific header to make this distinction and my tools that know about
this introduce this little secret souce as a header, I would have
clients built with my tools to nicely contact my service. This does not
mean that the client did not need to understand or *not be aware* of the
service's requirement, it is just that my clients were built with this
specific tool that introduced service's requirement on the wire for
them. Hmm.

In other words, are we saying that interoperability is not a problem of
WSDL?

What an interesting idea.

--umit

--