	From: Arthur Ryman [mailto:ryman@ca.ibm.com]
	Sent: 17 October 2003 14:56
	To: Martin Gudgin
	Cc: Lawrence Mandel; www-ws-desc@w3.org;
www-ws-desc-request@w3.org
	Subject: RE: Can one inline schema import definitions from a
second inline schema?

	Gudge,

	I agree to some extent, but AFAIK, WSDL is the only application
that inlines <schema>. I think the XSD spec assumes you have a single
<schema> per document, i.e. <schema> is the root element. So processing
not one, but two or more inline schemas is a bit of a shock for your
typical XSD processor. So probably the "reasonable" behavior you
describe is undefined.

	I think it would promote interoperability if the WSDL 1.2 was
clear on this point, one way or the other. From your response, I assume
you would support the use of more than one inline <schema> in the
<types> element.

	Arthur Ryman

	"Martin Gudgin" <mgudgin@microsoft.com>
Sent by: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org