From: "Martin Gudgin" <mgudgin@microsoft.com>
To: "Glen Daniels" <gdaniels@sonicsoftware.com>; "Jacek Kopecky"
<jacek.kopecky@systinet.com>; "Amelia A. Lewis" <alewis@tibco.com>
Cc: <tomj@macromedia.com>; <abrookes@roguewave.com>; "WS-Description WG"
<www-ws-desc@w3.org>
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2003 8:07 PM
Subject: RE: Schemas in imported WSDL

OK, once more, with feeling...

Scenario 1.

WSDL A imports WSDL B which imports Schema C.
WSDL A DOES NOT import anything else.

In this case, Schema C is only visible to WSDL B.

Scenario 2.

WSDL A imports WSDL B which imports Schema C.
WSDL A imports the schema C namespace.

In this case it would be OK for the WSDL processor to satisfy the import
in WSDL A of Schema C with the schema it imported for WSDL B.

Note that there is probably no way to force WSDL processors to behave
this way, but nevertheless it would be reasonable behaviour.

Note that the ONLY difference between these two cases is that in the
latter case WSDL A *EXPLICITLY* imports the Schema C namespace.

An explicit import of a given namespace is a necessary and sufficient
condition to use components from that namespace.

Gudge