RE: Revisiting WSDL Compontent Designators

I agree that this has some troubling aspects.  However, I'd guess that one
of the reason why XML schema doesn't recommend the schema doc available at
the ns is that schema didn't define a media type with a fragment identifier
for it's component references.  The component designators for schema aren't
part of the language...

It's hard to reconcile the many different requirements together.

Dave

http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-wsdl12-20030611/#wsdl-uri-references),
cleaning up the text to remove the issues and rationale and instead just
present our solution.

2) Add a clause to the appendix providing a rule for escaping characters in
component names not allowed in URIs (e.g. name characters other than
alphanum must be %-escaped using UTF-8 byte values).

3) Reintroduce these fragment identifiers as a normative part of the
media-type registration.

4) Add a statement recommending to authors to make WSDL available at the
targetNamespace.