 From: Mark Baker [mailto:distobj@acm.org]
 Sent: Tue 04/11/2003 15:41
 To: Downey,PS,Paul,XSJ67A C
 Cc: www-ws-desc@w3.org
 Subject: Re: What WSDL defines - the diagram!

 Cool, thanks for tackling that at the f2f.

 But I disagree with the diagram.  As it was explained to me, a WSDL 2.0
 document could be said to "describe the syntax" of client and service
 ("schema in, schema out"), rather than "define the behaviour", which
 would require defining what in/out means in relation to any requested
 semantics (aka the protocol).

 WSDL 1.1 describes the protocol in that it suggests that a successful
 response to a message means that the requested operation in the message
 was successfully invoked.  WSDL 2.0 is ambiguous.

 Mark.