Re: are fault-replaces-message (FRM) and message-triggers-fault (MTF) equivalent

It would make more sense, under the circumstances, to use the
robust-one-way instead, since it is designed for precisely this sort of
scenario.  Otherwise, one might define the "fault" as a just-a-message.

In general, patterns *never* permit the first message to be a fault.
FRM says so explicitly; since MTF requires a message to trigger on, it's
implicit.

Amy!
On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 14:45:49 -0500
Anne Thomas Manes <anne@manes.net> wrote:

> What about this scenario?
>
> Some number of SOAP nodes communicate with each other using one-way
> messages. Could it be possible that a node might like to send a SOAP
> notification message? That would be a one-way fault message. (FRM)
>
> Anne
>

> At 06:53 AM 11/3/2003, paul.downey@bt.com wrote:
> >+1
> >IIUC:  FRM is one case of FRM, but MTF can't be expressed using the
> >FRM  pattern..
> >
> >Paul

Architect, TIBCO/Extensibility, Inc.