Re: RPC Style Issues (3)

Jonathan Marsh wrote:

>Umit, it sounds like you are disagreeing with the basic premise of Web
>services interoperability (interop is based on well-defined messages
>going back and forth, not on the compatibility of the programming models
>on each end.)  It's hard for us to imagine that you really mean that.

Jonathan, of course having well-defined messages going back and forth is
a necessary condition for interoperability. The schema definitions
required to define the allowable messages. (The hints are there to
provide a uniform mapping to support the rpc use case in environments
for which that is important.)

>Perhaps you could really spell out what change you are asking for.

The proposed change to the current WD was spelled out in [1].

However, based upon the last con call and recent email discussion, I've
crisped it up a bit so that hopefully no one will be confused as to what
the proposal is. Rather than paste it in here, I just posted it to the
list completing my action
item also. See [2].

Cheers,

-- umit