Re: Rationale for Dropping the <soap:body use=...> Attribute

 Sanjiva,
 use="encoded" is not necessary if we allow other type systems, as WSDL
1.1 does. Then to use SOAP Encoding one would have to devise a SOAP Data
Model Schema language, which is not a big problem, considering the
simplicity of SOAP Data Model. But both disallowing other schema
languages and removing use="encoded" leaves us with trees only (plus
whatever XML Schema does, but it really is about trees).
 SOAP Encoding is as optional in SOAP 1.2 as it had been in SOAP 1.1,
it's just more explicit in 1.2. BTW, it's the same for the HTTP binding.
 So we cannot forget SOAP Encoding without a clear statement that after
WSDL 1.2 there will be WSDL 2.0 that will do the right thing and support
all appropriate W3C technologies and that WSDL 1.2 will just be the
interoperable cleaned-up subset of WSDL 1.1. But then, isn't this what
WS-I is trying to do? 8-)
 Best regards

                   Jacek Kopecky

                   Senior Architect, Systinet Corporation