Re: Using alternative schema languages

Amy,

quoted below is your issue. It seems to be concerned about ns1:type1
being XML Schema definition of the same XML type as ns2:type2 in other
type system. I don't think this is a problem.

What I'm concerned about is the case where ns1:type1 is an XML Schema
definition of a type, ns1:type1 is also a RelaxNG definition of a
(possibly different or same, doesn't matter) type. I think I heard you
say on the call that you'd disallow this case.

Even in WSDL we allow same QNames in different symbol spaces to define
different things, and we must not force other languages to behave
differently, so I think the case above is perfectly possible (however
unlikely).

Referring to both types using the unqualified attribute 'type' would
effectively disallow this case and I think this would be a serious issue
with our support for different type systems. If we require that the
attributes for referencing definitions in other type systems be
namespace-qualified, this problem goes away, and IMHO much confusion is
averted, too.

I don't see an other possible solution to the problem. I'm open to
suggestions, of course. 8-)

                   Jacek Kopecky

                   Senior Architect, Systinet Corporation
                   http://www.systinet.com/