RE: wsdl extensions

I'm happy to raise it at the CG, if I can understand the issue better.

How would a registration authority (on top of the self-managed URI space
we leverage now) increase interoperability?  Is there not already an
organization (WS-I) dedicated to mitigating the effects of extensibility
on interop by placing brands and testing methodology around sets of
specifications and their extensions?