Re: wsdl extensions

On Fri, 2002-11-01 at 19:21, Joyce Yang wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Speaking of WSDL extensions, how does the wsd
> wg handle them?
>
> For example, there is a pressing need to come up with a
> wsdl security extension to describe how an endpoint does
> security authentication. Does the wsd wg come up with
> such an extension (or accept it from some outside proposal),
> and then host it OR we are out of the extension business?
>
> In order for web services to be interoperable, these sort of
> extensions need to be defined by and kept in some central
> authorities, and is it this wg? Or WS-i? Or is it the architecture
> wg? Or something I missed?

The CG had a presentation of WS-Security by the co-chairs of the OASIS
TC. I don't know if they address this question or not. imho, it seems
appropriate for the TC to tackle this issue as well. After all, they are
the ones defining WS-Security as well and we won't be able to address
all kind of extensions as Sanjiva pointed out. How about raising this
issue to the CG to make sure that at least someone is going to address?

Philippe