RE: Issue: Can One-Way operations return faults?

Prasad:

I support your viewpoint that  "One way operations SHOULD be able to return
Faults."

However I disagree with your reliability argument. I agree reliability is at
the protocol/transport layer but
all the Operations have a semantics associated with it, though implicit.

For instance, Req/Resp means that a "response" is *reliably guaranteed* if
the *request* reaches the service provider/handler.
One could use Reliable or not so reliable transport to guarantee the above
semantics.

Jacek:

If a requestor issues a one-way request such that the End-Point/Service
which happens to be in a state of NOT accepting messages
(it could be for a variety of reasons), the requestor should get a FAULT
from the Service Handler so that it can Re-Try.

Comments?

Cheers,
Sandeep