Re: Proposal to Resolve encodingStyle Issues #5 and #30

 Arthur,
 I agree issue 5 should be closed as a dupe of 30.
 On 30a, this depends on whether we want to produce SOAP 1.1
binding (or SOAP binding suitable for both 1.1 and 1.2) or
whether we only want to support SOAP 1.2 in our binding.
 I prefer only supporting SOAP 1.2 in our WSDL 1.2 SOAP binding,
therefore I also prefer making encodingStyle a URI, not a list of
them.

 Following is a short analysis of the situation in 30b:
 SOAP 1.2 doesn't allow encodingStyle attribute on the Body
element. (see [1]) Therefore the encoding style affects the
various message parts (or in RPC it affects the RPC wrapper
element). Your proposed solution 3.1 would have to be reworded to
match that, but otherwise the solutions 3.1 and 3.2 still are our
options.
 On the other hand, I believe that if any encoding style allows
changes of encodingStyle in the middle of the data, it must
specify how such changes are handled. So we only need to specify
the outermost encodingStyle and the data schema itself may allow
other encodingStyle changes. Thinking this way (multiple encoding
styles in one message) implies preference to solution 3.2 plus
some text saying that the schema may allow encodingStyle changes.
 SOAP 1.2 Encoding doesn't explicitly allow encodingStyle
changes.

 To summarize, I believe we have the options 3.1 or an extended
3.2.

 Best regards,

                   Jacek Kopecky

                   Senior Architect, Systinet Corporation