RE: Proposed replacement text for Section 1.6

Don Box.  I'd agree that he seems to be tooting the SOA horn now.

> And again I remind you -- is this a lamb?  Might as well go
> for the sheep, eh?

I dunno. Some people do have control of both sides and enough bandwidth (or
small enough performance requirements) to get SOAP RPC to work.  At the
extreme, sure: an OO system with a complex shared typesystem  and objects
that require 20 method calls to initialize properly has no business being
implemented with web serivce technologies.  There are a bunch of other cases
where the objects can be initialized with a call or two but COM/CORBA aren't
a viable option for some reason; those are reasonable use cases for RPC-ish
SOAP/WSDL AFAIK.

I'd prefer not to be hanged at all, and don't see any reason to annoy the
sheriff enough to have him trump up charges :-)