From: Champion, Mike [mailto:Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2003 11:52 AM
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: RE: SOA proposed text - harvesting previous threads

Hmm, I liked the idea of adding something like:

"Stateful service interactions such as those involving coordination,
transactions, choreography, authentication/authorization, etc. can be
defined at the software layer above the services themselves. This layer
may be in the top layer application, or it may be a higher level of the
service infrastructure, as in the case of, for example,
WS-Coordination, WS-Transaction, WSBPEL, etc."

That would go at the end of the "state management" paragraph in the Best
Practices section.

Is that more or less what you had in mind?

If this turns into a trout pond, I'm tempted to emulate Werner Vogels
and just drop "state management" because there is such intense religious
feeling on the subject :-)