Re: Compendium of "synchronous" definitions

David:
   I would appreciate it if you could add mine to the long list:

a straightforward definition of synchronous:

A rendezvous of two activities is synchronous if they complete
simultaneously.

The language, if not the definition, comes from Communicating
Sequential Processes.

One might try to sharpen this up by defining simultaneously in terms of
clocks etc. But that is not necessary; because an alternative view of
this definition is:

An activity involved in a synchronous rendezvous may assume that the
rendezvous is complete for both sides if it 's side completes.

Frank