Re: A Modest Proposal (was RE: Binding)

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 08:48:33AM -0700, Champion, Mike wrote:
> In my very humble and personal opinion, the "REST vs web services"
> permathread has made very little progress in its latest incarnation.  In my
> more paranoid moments, I wonder whether the point is to distract us from all
> the other issues on the WSA WG agenda.

It might look that way sometimes, but every time I bring this up I
delay your work, and it's not in my interest, as somebody who wants to
see this work reviewed by the TAG and Director ASAP, to do that.  I do
it because I believe that intelligent people will respond to reasoned
argument, and also because I'm trying to prepare the WG not to be too
surprised when the TAG and/or Director reject its work (or failing that,
when Web services *continue* to fail to be deployed in any significant
way on the Internet).

Still, I think most of this discussion was good since it was directly
addressing issues, in particular 1, 5, and 21;

http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/arch/2/issues/wsa-issues.html#x1
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/arch/2/issues/wsa-issues.html#x5
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/arch/2/issues/wsa-issues.html#x21

I'll continue the "binding" discussion with Miles because I do agree
with him that it's a key issue.  It directly addresses issue one,
and indirectly addresses the other two.