From: Jim Webber [mailto:jim.webber@arjuna.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 10:24 AM
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org; www-ws-arch-request@w3.org
Subject: RE: Is This a Web Service?

Roger:

> Do other people think that if it doesn't use WSDL it's not a
> Web service?  I personally don't like this at all.

Nor do I, but then I have the seemingly contrarian view that SOAP is
implicitly involved :-) (and not necessarily anything to do with the
Web).

While I can appreciate that this group does not necessarily have to have
a commercially-facing outlook, we are at risk of marginalisation if the
architecture fragments into X different flavours of Web services.

Jim