RE: Resolution of Web Services Architecture Issues 27 and 28

I agree that the OSI reference model is ubiqutous, in textbooks, tutorials,
etc.

> Is it too late to add a normative input?

Figure out how the OSI model normatively relates to the Internet / Web as
actually deployed and we'll be happy to apply that to Web services :-)

The efforts I've seen to do this involve a lot more hand waving than formal
mapping or analyses of how OSI concepts really and truly drove the evolution
of the 'Net.  That's not to say it's not a good "reference model", just that
it's not the architecture of what we actually use.