Re: Intermediaries - various cases

On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 08:21:03AM -0700, Ugo Corda wrote:
> >The pub/sub node is an intermediary, because it both sends and receives
> >messages.  But it's also the final-destination/service-provider.
>
> But SOAP 1.2, section 1.4.3, says: "An ultimate SOAP receiver cannot also be
> a SOAP intermediary for the same SOAP message".

"for the same SOAP message", right.  It's a new message when it
progresses any further, since the transfer contract with the sender
has been fulfilled.  The processing model basically halts at the
ultimate receiver because of this.

Hmm, perhaps the SOAP 1.2 spec could be clearer.  There's some subtlety
around this that's important for gateway intermediaries.  I'll look
into it, and perhaps submit a comment to XMLP if I find anything.
Thanks for pointing that out.