RE: arch diagrams from the f2f

I think there are 2 issues that are being muddled together.  We probably
need to separate them.

There are at least 2 things that can be found from a "registry": The actual
address of a resource, and the interface for interacting with it.  Mark
Baker is pointing out that there is no need to publish the input interface
for HTTP services, as HTTP defines the input interface.  For services that
use SOAP, or other XML defined inputs, there may a need to discover the
interface.  For example, a conversational web service might require a soap
header with a conversation ID or a callback address.  This discovery could
be through a variety of means - somebody mails me a copy of the spec, I
discover the spec in UDDI registry, I de-ref a namespace URI, etc.

I think we need to distinguish between discovering the address of the
service, and the shape or interface of messages to and from the service.

And BTW, I still don't think that HTTP is as generic as it appears.  To
actually put information into the URL  and/or message, I as a human still
have to do some work.  Like fill in a form.  And the only way I know what to
put in the form is to "discover" the shape of the form from the web site.
So in a form case, I get an address to the service, and the service provides
the discovery mechanism and any new address for the actual service.  Imagine
url A accesses return the form, and the form says that it should be posted
to url B.  Thus the discover/interact model for addresses and shapes is used
by the web.

Cheers,
Dave