Re: Web services and CORBA

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 12:28:48PM +0100, WEBBER,JIM (HP-UnitedKingdom,ex1) wrote:
> As Bill Pope said earlier, we have had some fun trying to decide about
> whether we are REST conformant or not.

IMO, having an agreed upon method for "give me your current state" is
pretty critical when coordinating something as potentially complex
as a multiparty transaction.  That's what GET does, and if you're not
using it, I don't see how you could be doing REST.  Indeed, for some
simple transactions, GET will be all you'll need (everybody will
invoke GET on everybody else's resources, and therefore know what
state each is in).

But I'm sure we'll see protocols like BTP evolve. 8-)