Re: D-AC009.2 discussion points and proposal(s)

"Champion, Mike" <Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com> writes:
> We're talking about WSA here, not WSD.  IMHO, one can make a good case for
> WSDL-like language based on RDF without insisting that *all* components of
> the web services architecture be mapped to RDF.  For example, it's not

I'm a member of the WS-Desc WG. We had a presentation about RDF by
Eric Prud'hommeaux and David Booth at our April F2F. Prior to that
presentation I had little intuition as to how RDF would help WSDL
or how an RDF mapping would help better the Web service description
cause.

I'm sorry to say that even after that presentation I have exactly
the same intuition: I just don't get it. I try hard to keep an open
mind, and I've heard presentations about RDF for 4+ years, but I
still don't grok it and its added value. I can sort of see how it
could add value to the Web as a whole, but I really fail to see how
it adds value to Web services.

I'm still willing to say that its because I don't understand
something, but I wish someone could educate me so that I too can
become a believer and an advocate.

Sanjiva.