Re: comments on Web Services architecture requirements. ( D-AC009 )

On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 03:03:56PM -0600, Narahari, Sateesh wrote:
> I think even 9.1 is dangerous, it will raise questions such as
>
> why isn't it a requirement that
>
> Any meta data about any aspect of the Web Services reference
> architecture should be expressible with an OMG approved language (such as
> UML
> itself, MOF )

Because our charter explicitly calls out the Semantic Web Activity,
and as AFAIK, no work on MOF or Topic Maps is going on there.

> Why isn't it a requirement that it shall be expressible using Topic Maps?.
>
> The intent of Web Services architecture clearly is not to make a judgement
> on the format of choice for metadata ( Neither should it be the intent of
> W3c ). It should be sufficient to say the metadata should be expressible.

Perhaps you'd like to propose that the MOF and Topic Maps be considered?

Personally, I'm happy to focus on the most general model, and the one
designed explicitly for the Web; RDF.