RE: D-AG0009; Semantic Web & Web architecture

Mark,

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Baker [mailto:distobj@acm.org]
[snip]

> It is fine to think about the business goals and semantic web goals
> as separate. However, to ensure that these are different goals,
> it would seem logical to identify where the goals differ?
> I request an enumeration of the fundamental attributes of these 2 goals
> that might be in apparent contradiction.

Could you define what you mean by "business goals" please?  I've
checked the archives, and didn't see any reference to that term.

<sd>
I hope this is not a trick question:-)) Coming to think of it,
I haven't seen a definition either. I will not even try!

I used the phrase "business goals"  to refer to the set of
goals being debated in the thread "Business Infrastructure[1]"
and in comments such as from Tim Coote [2] as well as those
goals  (security, reliability,...) that are considered important
in enabling the use of web for commercial transactions (I am probably
missing some other important references - hopefully somebody in the list
will
add to the list below).

This phrase is also used in the requirements document[3] (D-AG0002,
D-AG0003).
You might ask the respective champions of these goals as well as the editors
of the req. doc. for a definition.

Hope I am being helpful here.

-Suresh

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-arch/2002Mar/0269.html